Term 2 Project update - The camera still works!

The camera still works. I am very impressed with the durability of the Raspicam. The camera has been waterlogged now, not once, not twice but three times! Still works. Of course after the first time, I took care to put on more silicone grease, but nevertheless this is a tough little module.

I have located two of the ingress points, one of them was the cabling at the back, which has been sorted, the other was, incredibly enough, one of the LED holes on the camera. I have now, put more silicone sealant and a smattering of hot glue over it, however the camera looks a lot uglier now.

Nevermind aesthetics, we want footage. The winch/sensor/ldr/led combo works fine just wanted that little extra which was underwater footage, however so far due to the setbacks it has been confined to the bathtub. I will in my own time redesign the camera housing to be a lot better (it already had to take some modding because of ingress and floatation issues), but this means that I could still present some footage and that the project is more than a partial success (see previous post).

Here's some footage of the Mariana Trench that is my bathtub, where I found three little divers. Not very bright, the Raspicam has a real problem with automatic exposure (I have actually increased the ISO to the maximum available which is 800), but you can just about make out some shapes. More to come soon.



Comments

Popular Posts