Term 2 Project - Shaping up

Today, I have started to install the diving/camera bay box on the boat as well as shaping up the hull. I am also thinking of changing the transistor in the dropping mechanism for an H-bridge so it can automatically retract if there's no contact with water, by simply reversing the polarity of the motor.


Current schematic using the NMOS (I am using an ATMega 2560, but it should not differ from the UNO in this case).


 I am using a DC motor as I believe I will not receive my continuous servo on time. But so far, the DC  motor serves its purpose as long as I use timing in the code. More on this later.


Dropping bay being installed

The hull was cut with a hot knife and sanded down a little. There are other bay's to install, a Arduino components bay on the deck and the Pi Zero unit for the imaging behind the dropping bay. There will also be an upgrade box, this is because I intend to make the project remote control if time and budget permits or even after.

The project intends to be a pond camera that is accessible remotely, for those who like to explore the aquatic life on their back gardens or elsewhere, in a fun way.


Until next time,

Luis


Comments

Popular Posts